When creating the Pasadena International Film Festival, I reached out to Eugene, and he stepped up with advice and support. Eugene possesses intelligence, work ethic, and a generosity of spirit that is rare. We have always been impressed with his knowledge and expertise, as well as his kindness.
-- Jessica Hardin, Executive Director
Pasadena International Film Festival
An informed, forward-thinking leader that gets things done.
More quotes from reviews and testimonials about Eugene. Click here.
A Community Activation produced by MUSE/IQUE
Photo by Ben Gibbs
More than 25 years of professional experience working in a variety of professional arts organizations.
Extensive project and program management experience directing the full-cycle development of live stage productions and special events across the country in venues from 99 seats black box spaces to 2,000+ performing arts centers in urban, suburban, and rural settings.
- Managed organizational budgets of up to $550,000 and successfully achieved surpluses in 3 consecutive fiscal years that enabled the establishment of an operational cash-reserve.
Led teams of up to 10 direct-reports and companies with up to 54 part-time seasonal employees.
- Commissioned artists to create new works of theatre and visual art.
- Facilitated co-productions and partnerships with theatres, opera companies and other businesses and companies.
- Produced tours to bring the arts to historically marginalized communities.
- Facilitated programs to increase accessibility to Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Blind, and people with other disabilities to live theatre.
Raised more than $3M in grants secured from foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Managed community engagement programming including a twice-a-year free concert series that grew from 924 in Fall 2013 to 3,225 in Fall 2015 representing a 249% increase.
Initiated and implemented a volunteer and internship program that resulted in more than 300 volunteers and interns performing 2,140 hours of service to the organization
Developed communications and promotional strategies that resulted in coverage by print, TV, and web media including one effort that increases ticket revenue by 275% in one year.
Bringing Live Theatre to Underserved Communities
produced by Theatre West
Photo: Garry Michael Kluger